OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ONE MILLION POINTS GIVEAWAY
The Contest & Prizes
Starting on Friday, May 31st, 2019 and ending at 12 noon on November 15th, 2019, Freson Market Ltd will offer customers the opportunity to win the following prizes:-
- One winner chosen at random at every Freson Bros. location will be awarded 1,000,000 Smart Shopper points. Winner must be a fully enrolled Smart Shopper member at the time of draw. Winner will be chosen through a random draw from all participating Freson Bros. locations. Winner announced November 15th, 2019 at 3:00 pm MST.
All other expenses relating to collecting or using the prize is the winner’s responsibility.
How to Enter
To enter the contest, you must be a fully enrolled Smart Shopper member who has entered the contest through messaging the word “MILLION” to 373766 Entries must be received by noon on November 15th, 2019. Unlimited entries through various bonus entries and new ways to enter every week.
1. The contest is only open to residents of Alberta who have reached the age of majority (18 and over).
- The contest is not open to individuals who are, or have been, at any time over the duration of the contest or the four months preceding, an employee or representative of, or an immediate family member of or person domiciled with an employee of Freson Market Ltd. As well, the contest is not open to the judges, those who are domiciled with them or members of their immediate family.
Prize Draws and Related Requirements:
1. The contest commences on Friday, May 31st, 2019 and ends on November 15th, 2019 at 11:00am MST/MDT. The draw date for the prize is November 15th, 2019 at 3:00 pm.
- The contestant whose entry is the winner will be notified within 2 working days of the draw.
- The winning entry will be selected from all eligible entries by Freson Market Ltd.
- For the purpose of contacting the winner, a contact phone number and email address will be required by all entrants for their entry to be considered complete and valid.
- Within the first five days after a draw, judges will attempt to contact the winning contestant up to (3) three times by phone. If the contestant cannot be contacted during that time their prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be drawn.
- The winners may be required to answer correctly, unaided, a time-limited, skill-testing question.
- All contestants will be required to be fully enrolled Smart Shopper member.
- All other expenses relating to the prize(s) are the winners’ responsibilities.
- The prize must be collected within 3 days of notification at a convenient time agreed upon between the Freson Bros. Store Manager and the winner.
Other Rules and Requirements:
- By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the contest.
- Entry is limited to Smart Shopper members.
- Contestants may be required to provide reasonable proof that they meet the requirements of the contest.
- All decisions by the judges relating to this contest are final.
- All entries become the property of Freson Market Ltd and none will be returned.
Contest Details: Rules: Judging: Prizes:
WHEN Saturday, October, 5, 2019
WHERE Freson Bros Fresh Market: 4416 48 St. Stony Plain, AB ENTRY FEE FREE! DROP OFF Freson Bros Fresh Market Stony Plain location between 8:30am – 9:30am, Oct 5th No late pies will be accepted!
JUDGING Pies will be judged at noon October 5, 2019 CATEGORIES YOUTH – 17 & Under or ADULT – 18 & Over . One entry per person. CATEGORIES: YOUTH – 17 & Under or ADULT – 18 & Over
IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALBERTA HEALTH SERVICES THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS: 1. All pies must be made from scratch. Only apples allowed in the filling. No other fruits allowed.
2. Baking ingredients must be from an approved source, ie. grocery store.
3. Bring a list of the ingredients in case of allergy inquiries.
4. Pie cannot contain nuts, milk, cream, whipping cream, meringue, sour cream or cheese.
5. Wrap all baked goods with new, clear plastic to protect it from contamination, dust, and pests.
6. Do not prepare baked items at home if you or someone at home is ill. • Judging will begin at 12 noon.
• There will be 3 judges per category.
• Pies will be scored from 1 – 10 in 5 areas:
Appearance, Crust, Filling, Flavour, Originality. The pie with the most overall points will be declared the winner of its Category. • Winners will be announced at 3pm, October 5, 2019. •
ADULT CATEGORY FIRST PLACE: 50,000 Smart Shopper Points. (That’s like $50 in groceries!) SECOND PLACE: 25,000 Smart Shopper Points. THIRD PLACE: 15,000 Smart Shopper Points • YOUTH CATEGORY Baking Gift Baskets for the top three finalists!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Fresh Market Ltd. contest or giveaways you can reach out to Freson Bros. head office at:
- Unit 130-4401 48 Street, Stony Plain, AB, T7Z 1N3
- [email protected]