COVID-19 UPDATES & FAQ
- On July 31, 2020, an employee in Hinton Hill store reported being tested positive for Covid-19. The last day the employee worked was July 22, 2020. The store will conduct a cleaning procedure.
We are committed to remaining open so we can continue to serve our 15 communities and ensure a clean and healthy shopping environment. However, beginning March 17, 2020, we have changed our hours of operation to allow our associates to restock shelves and sanitize stores while maintaining social distancing.
Store hours at all locations are temporarily modified to be open between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. daily!
Yes, we will be open daily from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for Golden Hour, exclusively to serve the elderly, disabled, and immunocompromised members of our communities.
Currently, we are working closely with our suppliers and distributers to ensure we can keep our shelves adequately stocked with every-day items, along with high-demand items. We continue to get several shipments weekly. Item selection may vary per location.
We want you to know that we are doing all we can by reinforcing our already high cleanliness and sanitation standards by taking additional proactive actions. We will continue to assess the situation daily. In the meantime, we have taken many steps such as the following:
- We have devoted additional resources to cleaning and sanitizing repeatedly throughout the day.
- We are concentrating on the high-use surfaces such as shopping carts, seating areas, countertops, restrooms, and keypads/pin-pads.
- We have reiterated to the Freson Bros. family the importance of proper hand-washing as outlined by Canada’s public health officials. We have posted clear signs in all restrooms and key spots outlining this procedure.
- We have suspended, for the moment, self-sampling stations.
Freson Bros. is currently still offering hot food items that are served to the customer & packaged to-go.
As a precaution, Freson Bros. has discontinued self-serve food service, including the salad bar and hot soup. We apologize for the inconvenience.