Granny Lovsin's Old Fashioned Stuffing
The classic turkey stuffing recipe used by Granny Lovsin herself.
- 2 Bags Mother Dough Bread Cubes
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Water
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Large Onions
- 5 Sticks Celery, Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Put bread cubes in large bowl and break into small pieces.
- Add chicken stock or water to soften bread.
- In a frying pan, melt butter on medium-high heat, add chopped onions and celery. Sauté until soft, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the salt, poultry seasoning and eggs to the softened bread and mix well.
- Mix onion & celery mixture into bread pieces and spoon into an 18 – 20 lb turkey and roast for 15 minutes per pound of turkey until internal temperature is 165ºF.
- Leftover stuffing can be baked in a 9" x 13" pan for 50 – 60 minutes.