- 2 lbs Alberta Beef Lean Ground Hamburger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Western Family Onion Powder
- 3/4 tsp Western Family Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Western Family Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp Western Family barbecue sauce your choice of flavour
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ground hamburger, eggs, onion powder, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and barbecue sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
- Weigh out hamburger patties to 100g – 175g (4 – 6 oz.) each. Press together and flatten to about 3½" in diameter or use a mold.
- The patties should be about ¾" thick.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 450°F, or hot enough that you can only hold your hand above the grill grates forabout 1 second.
- Place patties on the grill over direct heat.
- Flip the burgers at least once during cooking, or as often as you wish. Do not press down on the patties at any time.
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160°F).
Tip: Burgers will naturally “puff up” in the middle, so create a shallow indent with your thumb or the back of a spoon in the centre of the burger patty before they hit the grill. Note: Cook ground beef to a minimum internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).