Alberta Beef & Pumpkin Stew
Warm up with a seasonal flare to your meal that'll soon be a dinner favourite.
- 1 lb (453g) Alberta Beef stewing cubes
- 1 lb (453g) fresh pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp flour (seasoned with salt & pepper)
- 1 large potato (peeled & cubed)
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- parsley to garnish
- Heat the Butter in a large pot – saute the chopped onion until soft – remove the onion and set aside.
- Dust the Alberta Beef stewing cubes with the seasoned flour, then brown in the same pot as was used by the onions.
- Return the onion to the post and add the pumpkin cubes, potato cubes, tomatoes, sugar, stock, salt & thyme.Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Garnish with parsley
Don't be afraid to add a little water if it's needed halfway through the simmering.