Garlic & Ginger Alberta Chicken Thighs
See below for a quick bone-in, skin on chicken thighs recipe. If you don't have time, cook in a pan! If you have extra time you can roast in the oven!
- 2 lbs (908g) skin-on Alberta chicken thighs
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced & peeled ginger
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Combine the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, juice and 1 teaspoon pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from the bag and discard the marinade. Season with salt
ON THE GRILL
- Preheat a grill to medium high and oil the grate. Grill the chicken skin-side down until marked, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip and continue to grill until cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
IN THE OVEN
- IN THE OVEN: Pre-heat the oven to 375°F. Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30-40 minutes in the middle of the oven, or until the surface turn golden brown, slightly charred and inside is cooked through.
- Use a brush to dab the juices on the tray and coat the chicken thighs for extra flavour and shine.
Ensure the internal temperature 170°F. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.