Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder
Get easy pulled pork for your meal, or use some for pulled pork sandwiches!
- Slow Cooker
- 3 lb Alberta Pork Shoulder Butt Roast
- 1 tbsp Wester Family Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Western Family Chicken Broth
- 4 Western Family Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Western Family Rosemary Leaves
- 1 tbsp Western Family Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Western Family Whole Black Peppers
- Remove the fat from the pork shoulder (you can also ask your in-store butcher to do this for you). Season the Alberta Pork Shoulder with salt & pepper. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat and then brown the roast on all sides. Transfer pork to a slow cooker. Pour the chicken broth into the pan and scrape with a wooden spoon to loosen the caramelized bits. Pour contents of the pan into a slow cooker. Add all of the ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat pulls apart when pressed with two forks.
- Remove the meat, place on a plate and shred with two forks. Remove the bay leaves from the sauce and return the pork to the slow cooker. Serve and enjoy!