Alberta Pork Saddleback Chop
This unique heritage cut includes part of the loin, ribs and belly all with the skin left on which will crisp up into golden crackling making a unique meal.
- 1 Heritage Cut Alberta Pork Saddleback Chop
- kosher salt
- Season the skin as well as both sides of the pork chop with kosher salt. Allow it to sit, unwrapped, in the fridge for 24hrs.
- Preheat your oven or bbq to 400°F. Then preheat a cast iron pan or plancha until it begins to smoke.
- Sear the skin side on the cast iron and continue to cook on med-high heat until skin is crispy and golden (Approx. 8-10 minutes).If using a pan, you may have to do this in 2 separate sections as the chops are long.
- When removing the skin from the cast iron use a metal spatula and place the chop on its side to brown on the cast iron pan (Approx. 5-6 minutes).
- Flip the chop over and sear for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pan or plancha into the oven or bbq to finish cooking (you can also transfer to a baking sheet) Cook until the internal temperature reaches 150°F and then remove and allow to rest up to 160°F.