Alberta Beef & Prawn Soft Tacos
A quick surf and turf taco for something different.
- 12 pack Western Family medium tortillas
- 2 Alberta Beef Chuck steaks marinated in Store
- 1 package Western Family frozen cooked white prawns
- 30 ml Western Family vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw package of prawns in fridge overnight. Remove tails. Set aside.
- Heat oil in frying pan on medium high heat until oil starts to shimmer. Add sauced Alberta Beef Chuck Steak to pan and cook for approximately 2 1/2 minutes per side. Remove beef from pan at desired doneness and let rest for 5 minutes. Tip: You may want to cook Alberta Beef Chuck Steak past medium rare to fully render the fat.
- While steaks are resting, season the prawns lightly with salt and pepper and add to the still hot pan. The prawns are already cooked so just heat thoroughly — about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Chop steak into thin strips.
- Place the tortillas in a dry (no oil) frying pan over medium heat and cook for about 30 seconds per side.
- Spoon beef and 2 shrimp down the centre of each tortilla. Top with diced avocado and salsa and roll up.
Remember you can get your meat Sauced or Seasoned for Free in store.