With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a mouth-watering dish that's sure to impress your family and friends. Our recipe uses a classic combination of eggs, cheese, and bacon, with extras like grape tomatoes, mushrooms and ham. Whether you're cooking for a busy weeknight dinner or a lazy weekend brunch, our quiche recipe is a surefire hit.
- 2 9" Western Family Deep Dish Pie Shells (1 package)
- 7 slices Western Family bacon
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can Western Family lite coconut milk (400mL)
- 2 cups Faith Farms cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake empty pie shells according to package directions.
- Place bacon on a baking sheet and bake in oven to desired doneness (10 – 20 minutes).
- Remove bacon from oven and chop once it has cooled enough to handle. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until blended. Pour mixture evenly into two pie shells.
- Cook on bottom or middle rack of oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Shield pie crust edge with aluminum foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary.
- Remove from oven and let set 10 minutes before serving.